PPG SIGMA SAILADVANCE™ GX
Advanced low friction, self-lubricating antifoulings
PPG SIGMA SAILADVANCE products have been developed with the primary aim of reducing energy and therefore lowering total operational costs. These products cover a wide range of operational conditions and vessel types and are based upon an extensive range of high-performance technologies. Benefits offered in this product range include fuel savings, idle time tolerance, linear self-polishing and low friction.
PPG SIGMA SAILADVANCE GX is a premium antifouling which is based on self- release binder technology build on the CSP (controlled surface active polymers) inside. This offers a self-lubrication and self-release mechanism resulting in low friction, idle time tolerance and fuel savings.
Suitable for application at new-build and dry dockings, the product is designed for all vessel types and speeds, and are particularly effective for slow-steaming because of the engineered oil binder composition.
PPG SIGMA SAILADVANCE GX benefits from high-volume solids for efficient application and evolve in a linear polishing and consistent biocide release for predictable performance for up to 90 months. The application of this coating offers extended idle days (averaging 30 days) through the release effect of engineered oils that create a slippery surface.
Features and benefits of PPG SIGMA SAILADVANCE GX:
- Designed for all vessel types and speeds and particularly effective for slow steaming because of its Controlled Surface active Polymers (CSP) binder composition
- Suitable for application at New Build and Dry Dockings
- Fuel savings averaging 5%
- Evolves in a linear polishing and consistent biocide release for predictable performance up to 90 months
- Low friction properties from lubricating Controlled Surface active Polymers (CSP) surpressing turbulent flow
- Extended idle days, averaging 30 days, through the release effect of Controlled Surface active Polymers (CSP) creating a slippery surface
- Constant surface activity, limited leach layer build-up
- High volume solids (up to 59%) for efficient application
- PPG patent on the use of Controlled Surface active Polymers (CSP)