PPG HI-TEMP 900™
Superior corrosion protection in extreme temperatures
PPG HI-TEMP 900 is a multipurpose heat-resistant coating that prevents corrosion of insulated and non insulated carbon and stainless steel over an extreme temperature range from 300°F to 900°F (–185°C to 482°C).
Resistant to boiling water
Designed to resist severe 'real world' conditions of a continually changing harsh environment, PPG HI-TEMP 900 is able to withstand the repeated cycle of thermal shock, immersion in boiling water, and quench.
Resistant to thermal shock
A leading cause of CUI, thermal shock causes cracking, fracturing, delamination and allows water to come into contact with insulated steel. PPG HI-TEMP 900 is able to withstand severe cyclic conditions and continues to provide long-lasting protection.
Prevents CUI – lowers maintenance costs
These properties make PPG HI-TEMP 900 an effective solution for combatting Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) - and avoiding the high costs of rectifying this major problem. Thanks to its one-coat application and ability to cure at ambient temperatures, PPG HI-TEMP 900 is also simple to use.
Established worldwide track record
A number of first class international refineries and petrochemical facilities have used and trusted our PPG HI-TEMP heat resistant coatings for many years. Thanks to the exceptional and long-lasting performance of these products, millions of square meters are now protected from CUI and high-temperature service.
Key features and benefits
- Ideal for new-build and shop application
- Provides superior corrosion resistance
- Primer for direct-to-metal application
- Prevents corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Prevents chloride-induced external stress corrosion cracking of insulated austenitic stainless steel
- Excellent UV stability to prevent corrosion of non insulated surfaces subject to atmospheric exposure - Can be top coated with custom colors
- Simple to use: two-component 5-1 ratio; high-build; complete crosslink curing at ambient temperatures
- Tested and passed third-party testing, including multi-phase CUI chamber test
- Continuous dry temperature resistance to 900°F (482°C)
- Cyclic immersion service from -300°F to 600°F (-185°C to 316°C)