PPG PITTHANE® ULTRA LS
New high durability polyurethane is your low sheen, low VOC solution
US and Canada only
Our versatile two coat epoxy urethane system stands up to corrosive C5* environments and can protect a multitude of assets using PPG primers such as PPG AMERLOCK® 2 and PPG SIGMAFAST™ 278.
- Low sheen minimizes glare and hides surface imperfections
- Low VOC (240 g/L)
- Outstanding color and gloss retention
- Unlimited recoat window
- Easy application and mixing
- SSPC Paint 36 Level 3 performance
- Meets MPI 83 requirements
- Considered to be suitable for USDA incidental food contact applications
- Can be applied in low temperatures (surface temperatures as low as 20°F / -7°C)
The benefits of low sheen
Low sheen coating systems are essential when it comes to preventing structural glare. Often, facilities located near roadways or that experience a heavy amount of road or air traffic are required to minimize glare for the safety of the drivers and the environment around them. This low-reflective coating not only improves the aesthetic look of these facilities but also makes small nicks and dents less noticeable.
Additional applications include: airports, fuel and water storage tanks, OEM, metal buildings and other transportation hubs.
A primary application of this coating is for bridges to reduce glare and minimize surface imperfections.
This coating was made for stadiums and other large landmarks to offer a low sheen option for improved aesthetics.
Plants & Facilities
In manufacturing environments, this low sheen coating protects structures such as steel and metal surfaces and OEM substrates.